Brynarth Country Guest House, Lledrod, SY23 4HX
• Brynarth is a 17th Century farmhouse with guest rooms both in the main Farmhouse and also in the converted barn across the main courtyard.
• There are 9 guest rooms, 3 of which are on the Ground Floor in the Barn. These include a single and a double with level access (but not wheelchair-accessible due to doorway width) which both have en-suite shower rooms. These both have a step down into the shower room and then a step up into the cubicle itself. There is another single room, again with level access, this time all the way through into an en-suite bathroom with full bath, again doorway-width precludes wheelchair accessibility.
• All other bedrooms are on the First Floor in either the Farmhouse or the Barn and access is via stairs only.
• The Dining Room, Lounge and Snug Bar are all in the Farmhouse. The front door has 2 uneven, slate external steps then a timber threshold into the hallway.
• There is then a 3” step from the hallway up into the Dining Room.
• The Lounge enjoys level access from the hallway, although there are 2 uneven slate steps up into the Snug Bar from the Lounge.
• The bathroom for Guests' use whilst in the main Farmhouse is on the First Floor, access by stairs, handrail on the left as you ascend.
• Assistance dogs are welcomed free of charge at Brynarth, please discuss prior to booking as not all rooms are suitable for dogs. All dogs must be on leads at all times, there is no 'free run' area available, and they must bring their own beds. They must not be left unattended in the rooms at any time and a one-off fee of £10 per dog is charged per stay.
• We have a large Car Park behind the Games Barn, 25m from main Farmhouse. This has a stony, slightly uneven surface and either 8 stone steps down into the main Courtyard or a sloping walk around via the driveway.
• All guests are welcome to load and unload cars in the Courtyard but then to reposition them into the Car Park. Blue Badge holders will be shown a suitable area to park at the side of the Courtyard.
• Assistance is offered and freely given to all guests with luggage.
• The closest major town is Aberystwyth, some 12 miles away, about 20 minutes by car. There is a main train and bus station, large taxi rank and plenty of shops, banks and restaurants.
• There are limited buses from Aberystwyth to Tregaron, which stop at Lledrod village, about 2 miles from Brynarth; we are happy to collect guests from there or from Aberystwyth by arrangement.
• Our Ordnance Survey reference is Landranger 125 ref 669698.
• Taxis can be booked for Guests to be collected from Brynarth but we would recommend advance booking due to our remote location!
• Anti-allergenic pillows and duvets are available on request.
• Digital, colour television is available in a comfortable seating area within the Games Barn, access is via 2 sets of 5 stone steps.
• Mobile phone reception is poor to non-existent in this area depending on network. There is a payphone provided in the farmhouse for guests' use.
The age and style of Brynarth may preclude the less-able from wishing to visit – but please do call and discuss your requirements before deciding against a stay as we do what we can to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of each and every guest and may well be able to talk things through and enable your enjoyable visit to take place!
There is nothing like being able to sit in our lovely grounds, with the wind whispering though the trees, the chirping of the birds and the croak of the frogs in the pond to make one feel at peace – and why should we have this all to ourselves? Go to sleep to the sounds of the owls, the complete darkness comforting you and allowing you the best rest for years, or just stand in the courtyard and gaze in awe at the abundance of stars in the night sky.
Come and share it, we will help you however we can to make the most of this tranquil setting, and you know what they say – 'Where there's a will, there's usually a way!'
James Dwyer & Stuart Betts
Brynarth Country Guest House
Phone: 01974 261367
OS Landranger 135 ref: 669698